Understanding the Issues Seniors Face
Aging comes with many challenges. It may sometimes lead to depression, breathing problems and many other health issues. Seniors need proper care to overcome these physical and mental challenges. Some of the common issues they face and need help with are:
1. Physical Changes: With aging, their legs become weak and they cannot move as quickly as they used to. Their eyes don’t see as clearly and their bones weaken. Hence, proper nutritional diet and exercise become very essential.
2. Loneliness: Most seniors prefer to remain inside their homes. But this makes them feel lonely and isolated, resulting in increased stress, decreased energy levels, unexplained pains, memory problems, and sleepless nights.
3. Health Issues: With aging, diseases like diabetes, dementia, muscular degeneration, vision loss, etc. become very common. These health issues threaten their day-to-day functioning, making them dependant on their family members.
4. Transportation: Transportation is also a major issue for seniors. Due to transportation issues, they are unable to go to places where they want.
5. Ignorance: Ignorance is one of the biggest reasons of stress among seniors. Family members do not usually have time to spend with older adults, leaving the latter feel neglected.
6. Digestion issues: Some common digestive tract problems that seniors face are:
- Stomach pain
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Fecal incontinence
7. Sleeping problems: Sleeping disorders are fairly common in older adults. As people get older, sleep patterns and habits change. As a result, they may:
- have trouble falling asleep
- wake up frequently in the night or early morning
- get less quality sleep
To take care of all the age-related problems your seniors are facing, you need to spend time with them and monitor their daily routine. But due to busy schedules, if you are unable to do so and need someone to take this responsibility, you can look for In-home care services in Monterey County from Always Best Care. Call us at: (831) 975-4072 to learn more.