Always Best Care Introduces “Skilled Care in a Box” at International Conference
Roseville, CA (July 14, 2015)
Always Best Care® Senior Services introduced its new “Skilled Care in a Box” at the company’s fourth International Conference in San Antonio. With nearly 200 franchisees, area representatives, vendors and employees on hand, the senior care company unveiled this comprehensive and innovative turnkey resource tool – all designed as an accelerated blueprint for owners to launch, grow and manage skilled care as a viable and successful business.
Always Best Care is one of the nation’s leading providers of non-medical in-home care, assisted living placement services and skilled home health care. The company delivers its services through an international network of more than 200 independently owned and operated franchise territories throughout the United States and Canada.
“The world of skilled care is incredibly complicated,” said Dana Rambow, Always Best Care Vice President of Home Health, who delivered the “Skilled Care in a Box” presentation at the Conference. “But that is no reason for owners to shy away from it. Skilled care is a great way to diversify your business, it makes solid business sense given the future of senior care, and it also can be very financially rewarding. Without question, this is an incredibly valuable resource for anyone considering the move to skilled care.”
Ms. Rambow recently joined Always Best Care to lead Always Best Care’s expansion into skilled nursing care. She has been a Registered Nurse for 35 years in a variety of clinical settings, with 30 years specifically in home health.
Always Best Care’s “Skilled Care in a Box” is designed to eliminate and reduce many of the complexities involved in establishing a skilled care business. Specifically this new step-by-step resource tool sharply reduces startup time and costs and provides a significant amount of ongoing support to owners throughout the process as they launch and manage skilled care. The program is available to Always Best Care franchisees through the Universe system.
Key highlights of Always Best Care “Skilled Care in a Box” program and from Ms. Rambow’s presentation include:
- How skilled care differs from non-medical home care
– Medical home health is highly structured, regulated and reviewed to insure compliance with all Conditions of Participation (COPs) in the Medicare Program and Accreditation Organization (AO) standards.
– Visits provided by skilled nurses (RN/LPN/LVN), therapists; PT – physical therapist, OT– occupational therapist, and SLP/ST or speech language pathologist or speech therapist, and also MSW (social services) and home health aides if indicated and the skilled need is present
– Must have physician orders or a plan of care signed by the physician for all service lines provided with frequency for an episode of 60 days with strict guidelines as to how the care is provided and evidenced.
– There are capitalization requirements to insure day-to-day operational costs can be met prior to reimbursement.
- The skilled care process and what to expect – Ms. Rambow walked through key elements of what it takes to get to skilled care, including: State License and Medicare Application; Accreditation and Deemed Survey; Medicare Compliance/Certification and Serving Patients; etc.
- Comprehensive Array and Offering of Tools – Always Best Care’s “Skilled Care in a Box” provides owners with a comprehensive and unparalleled offering of a variety of tools they can use to launch, grow and manage a successful skilled care business. This includes:
– Licensing application assistance
– Policy and procedure manuals in compliance with accreditation standards and COPs
– Log books and forms to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and AO standards
– Job descriptions with productivity and staffing models
– Medicare application, business planning tools and survey prep process with audit and readiness tools
– Agenda, meeting formats, minutes and necessary documents and reporting tools
– Negotiated group preferred provider relationships with substantial discounts
– Mock survey tools to ensure readiness for Medicare deemed survey
- State of the Art Software Offerings – Through several preferred provider relationships, Always Best Careoffers its franchisees a number of key software services to assist with skilled care. These include: Kinnser software for skilled services; PPS-Plus Module (Oasis scrubber and coding assistance); Field Research for Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers (CAHPS) Survey for Medicare compliance; and 218 Home Health Teaching Guides – “Krames for the Nurse.”
- Training and Referral Resources –Always Best Care’s “Skilled Care in a Box” includes numerous training resources and referral recommendations. This includes: free online training; webinars; testing; articles and training modules. Additionally, owners have access to several referral recommendations to help grow their skilled care business.
Ms. Rambow highlighted the work of two Always Best Care franchisees, Neil and Tom Golli in Cleveland and Bill and Diane Mathis in San Diego, and their adoption of the skilled care program as examples other franchisees could follow.
For more information on Always Best Care, visit www.AlwaysBestCare.com, or call toll-free 1-855-570-CARE (2273).
# # #
About Always Best Care
Founded in 1996, Always Best Care Senior Services is based on the belief that having the right people for the right level of care means peace of mind for the client and family. Always Best Care has assisted over 25,000 seniors, representing a wide range of illnesses and personal needs. Franchise opportunities are available to individuals interested in leveraging the company’s clear strategy and proven track record for delivering affordable, dependable service to seniors in their local areas.
By working with case managers, social workers, discharge planners, doctors, and families, Always Best Care franchise owners provide affordable, comprehensive solutions that can be specifically matched to meet a client’s particular physical or social needs. The hallmark services of the Always Best Care business portfolio include non-medical in-home care and assisted living finder and referral services, with skilled home health care now being phased in throughout the country. For more information, visit www.AlwaysBestCare.com. For information on franchise opportunities, visit www.franchisewithalwaysbestcare.com/.
Always Best Care also offers Free ABC Rx cards, which provide discounts of up to 65 percent off the cost of prescription drugs at more than 56,000 pharmacies across the USA, and have saved consumers nearly $400,000 since its inception. This service is offered at no cost to the users, there are no deductibles, no waiting periods, no pre-existing exclusions, and no eligibility requirements — everyone can use the card (even family members and pets!). The Free ABC Rx card covers many medications that Medicare Part D and regular insurance often do not. To download a free card, visit www.FreeABCRx.com.
Another exclusive program offered by Always Best Care is Always in Touch, a telephone reassurance program that provides a daily phone call to seniors and disabled adults who are living alone and have limited contact with the outside world. Always in Touch is the only absolutely free national telephone reassurance program of its kind anywhere in the USA and Canada. For more information on Always in Touch, or to request an application, visit www.Always-in-Touch.com.
© 2014 ABCSP, Inc., 1406 Blue Oaks Blvd., Roseville, CA 95747
To print the news article CLICK HERE