No Drop Box, No Problem: 6 Ways Elderly Care Services Empower ‘Gray Voters’
Exemplifying our commitment to senior independence, today’s post highlights 5 ways our elderly care services helped Madison seniors cast their votes and stay politically active on Election Day.
Read on to learn how we empower gray voters in Madison, WI, or call (608)-315-2378 to speak directly with an elderly care coordinator near you!
No Drop Box, No Problem: How Elderly Care Services Empower Gray Voters
For this year’s election, a number of new regulations made it difficult for some seniors to cast their ballots. In a 4-3 Supreme court ruling last February, the justices authorized a Waukesha County judge’s decision to prohibit voters from having friends, family, or caretakers hand in their absentee ballots. Instead, “an elector must personally mail or deliver his or her own absentee ballot.”
Additionally, Madison Election Day saw the end of ballot boxes, which were seen as a major boon for COVID-sensitive seniors during pandemic electoral periods.
For those who cannot vote in person, including seniors with disabilities, mobility restrictions, or low access to transportation, these new regulations created major barriers. In some cases, they barred people from being politically active altogether.
But if your loved ones benefitted from elderly care services during this year’s election, they had nothing to worry about. These are just a few of the ways we set out to empower gray voters and make sure politically active seniors had their voices heard this April:
- Elderly care teams simplified voter registration, whether they chose to sign-up online or on paper
- Elderly care teams provided scheduling reminders, both for upcoming in-person voting days, preliminary registration, and absentee ballot submission times.
- Elderly care teams provided transportation to the polls, and we also helped voters find new polling places, many of which changed as a result of Madison’s redistricting.
- Elderly care teams helped seniors gather all necessary information, including all necessary photo ID, and any requested research materials on potential candidates in the lead-up to Election Day
- Elderly care teams helped coordinate with Special Voting Deputies who visited nursing homes and/or assisted living facilities to collect ballots
- Elderly care teams facilitated smooth curbside voting for seniors unable or unwilling to enter voting locations
Age Better: Book A Free Elderly Care Consultation In Madison, WI
Combining national strength and standards with local accessibility and personal service, we’re proud to offer elderly care solutions to families throughout Madison and all of the surrounding areas, including the communities of:
- Sun Prairie
- Fitchburg, and beyond
To learn more about how we’re helping seniors achieve their goals and live carefree, you can: