Make The Most Of Madison’s Virtual Fitness Classes With Senior Care Services
The City of Madison’s senior center is now offering virtual fitness classes for seniors sheltering in place. Today’s post explains how our senior care services help Madison seniors make the most of these online offerings.
Read on or call (608)-315-2378 for a free senior care service consultation.
Work Out, Stay In: Slowing The Spread With Virtual Fitness Courses
We all know that staying active is one of the keys to healthy aging. According to the Wisconsin Institute for Healthy Aging, inactivity increases seniors risk of:
- All-cause mortality
- Heart disease
- Chronic diseases
- Certain types of cancers
- Muscle and bone loss
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, and more
However, until the pandemic threat period has passed, seniors will not have access to Madison’s fitness resources. That means we won’t be driving you to your favorite swim aerobics class or yoga studio until the vaccine is fully administered.
But don’t despair: the Madison senior center is now offering a wide selection of virtual fitness classes you can access from the comfort of your home. Some upcoming classes include:
- Ballroom Basics for Balance — April 7th to May 12th, every Wednesday from 1:30PM to 2:45PM. Call (608)-266-6581 or email Gary Flescher ([email protected]) to register.
- Tai Chi Fundamentals — Every friday from 1:00PM to 2:00PM. Email Rachel at [email protected] to register and get your Zoom invite—it’s free!
- Senior Strength & Strength — Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00AM to 10:00AM—register at http://www.newbridgemadison.org.
You can find more information about senior center programs here.
But whatever class you choose, our senior care team will help with registration, setup, and scheduling, so your loved one can stay focused on their work out without any distractions.
Optimize Madison’s Virtual Fitness Offerings With Senior Care Service
These are just a few of the ways we’re helping seniors make the most of the City of Madison’s senior center programming:
- Assist with registration. Online registration can be tricky for “digital immigrants,” so why not leave it up to us? We’ll handle the emails, phone calls, and make sure any necessary fees are paid before your next scheduled workout.
- Provide schedule reminders. Our senior care service will manage your workout schedule and remind you of upcoming Zoom classes.
- Setting up your Zoom fitness studio. Look to your senior care service providers to set up a clean and comfortable space for your next online class. We can tidy the workout area, purchase and set up your webcam or equipment, install Zoom, roll out your yoga mat—anything you need done to get ready for your next workout.
- Provide motivation and safety monitoring. Working out alone, even in the virtual company of others, can be difficult. But with our senior care team cheering you on, and standing by to help in case of any slip or fall injury, you’re never truly alone.
- Prepare healthy meals to enhance performance and recovery. After a good workout, you need a good meal. Our senior care service includes full meal preparation, grocery shopping, and clean-up.
Free Quote On Senior Care Services In Madison, WI
Since 1996, Always Best Care has been a leading provider of senior care services, helping seniors live comfortably and care-free, and providing peace of mind for families all across America. Now we’re bringing the same award-winning senior care services to the Dane County community, including:
- Sun Prairie
- Pine Bluff
- Mount Horeb
- Maple Bluff
- Five Points
- Plains, and beyond
Call (608)-315-2378 or visit the Always Best Care Madison website to book a free consultation and get a quote on custom senior care services for your loved one.