How to Find COVID-Safe Non Medical Home Care Services in Brookfield, WI
Non medical home care services selection criteria change with the times. And at the time of writing, there were 83,000 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed in the US, marking the largest single-day increase since the start of the pandemic.
To help keep Brookfield seniors safe, today’s post shares the top-3 Alzheimer’s Association’s non medical home care service selection tips, all of which point to the value of our COVID-safe services.
How To Find Covid-safe Non Medical Home Care Services In Brookfield, WI
Before you sign a non medical home care contract, make sure you follow these COVID-safe screening tips:
1. Review the non medical home care company’s COVID-19 protocol
“Contact the home health care provider and ask them to explain their protocols to reduce the spread of COVID-19,” writes the Alzheimer’s Association.
At the very least, non medical home care providers should be:
- Instructing employees to avoid excessive contact with public surfaces and refrain from touching the eyes, nose or mouth
- Enforcing frequent handwashing using CDC-approved soap or sanitizers
- Implementing strict employee screening and contact tracing
- Requiring workers to clean and disinfect all touched surfaces
- Providing proper protective equipment (i.e. masks, face shields, cleaning supplies)
Always Best Care upholds all best practices for hygiene and safety during COVID-19, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
You can find more information about our COVID-19 protocols on the Always Best Care’s COVID-19 policy page, or by calling (262) 439-8616 to speak with a representative.
2. Make sure the company takes COVID-19 exposure seriously
“Ask the health care professional if they have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive, and if so, do not allow them into your home,” recommends the Alzheimer’s Association.
But if you even have to ask, you should probably look elsewhere. As stated in Always Best Care’s Exposure to Coronavirus (2019-NCOV): Disease Response and Management document, the health and welfare of the Company’s employees and clients is paramount. To keep all parties safe, we implement use the following procedure:
- Employees must immediately report any concerns regarding exposure to COVID-19
- Upon receiving reports of exposure, supervisors must immediately ascertain and document the details of exposure and presence of symptoms
- Based on our exposure criteria, at-risk employees are immediately removed from the workplace until further notice, and any affected clients are notified immediately
- All exposures are reported in full to the local or state health department, who can assist with assessments of exposure level, symptoms monitoring, and quarantine recommendations
Additionally, supervisors will follow this procedure any time employees return to work after travel.
3. Make sure the company uses the right PPE
“Ask the health care professional to wear a mask,” writes the Alzheimer’s Association.
But again, if you have to ask, you can probably do better! Our team follows all recommendations made by the CDC, which includes the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) to enhance the safety of all parties.
Find Covid-safe Non Medical Home Care In Brookfield, WI
To learn more about our COVID-19 protocols or our non medical home care services in general, call (262)-439-8616 or visit the Always Best Care of Greater Milwaukee website.