Portrait of an ABC Caregiver
• Excellent Communication skills.
• Heart for working with seniors.
• Enjoys assisting with the daily activities of client care.
• Provides daily routine care such as bathing, dressing and feeding.
• Cleans rooms and makes client beds.
• Answers client’s calls.
• Converses with clients to provide assurance.
• Observes Universal Precautions.
• Provides client transportation to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
• Provides client laundry and linen changes.
• Light housekeeping.
• Provides medication reminders.
• Meal preparation and clean up.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• HHA certification required.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Varies depending on clients needs.