Make the Most of Telehealth During COVID-19 with In Home Care
As Texans continue to fight the spread of COVID-19, telehealth might be the new normal. But that doesn’t mean the quality of your consultations has to suffer. Read on to learn how our in-home care team optimizes telehealth for seniors in North, Texas.
Why Telehealth Services Increasingly Common In North, Texas
Telehealth services are becoming the “new normal” in North, Texasas part of the US response to the COVID-19 pandemic. When Congress enacted the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriation Act on March 6th, the United States Department of Health and Human Services’ telehealth offerings expanded considerably. In a White House briefing later that week, Trump announced: “Medicare patients can now visit any doctor by phone or video conference at no additional cost, including with commonly used services like FaceTime and Skype.”
Though the Opening American Up Againplan is underway, telehealth remains an important part of our anti-pandemic protocol for the foreseeable future. But it’s not all bad—in fact, with the right preparation and help from your in-home care team, these convenient health care consultations can be just as effective as in-person visits.
Make The Most Of Telehealth With In-home Care Services In North, Texas
These are just a few of the ways that our in-home care team helps optimize telehealth consultations for North, Texas seniors:
- Assist with telehealth scheduling. Our in-home care team can book your appointment and provide reminders to ensure you get the most value out of your time speaking to a care professional.
- Assist during telehealth consultations. Upon request, our in-home care team can sit in on telehealth appointments to help your loved one record important information, and answer any questions regarding lifestyle, symptom progression, and program compliance.
- Help seniors understand Medicare coverage in regards to telehealth.If you need help making sense of the changes adopted by the Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services in regards to your remote health care consultations, get in touch with our team. We’ve been helping North, Texasseniors get the most out of their Medicare for years, and COVID-19 hasn’t changed that.
- Help seniors set up telehealth technology. Though we’re not tech support professionals, we can help you set up basic apps like FaceTime and Skype, as well as request simpler alternatives (e.g. telephone consultations) for those uninterested in video chat software. We can also purchase whatever equipment you need to get the most out of your appointment (e.g. a webcam, plug-and-play USB microphones, etc).
- Prepare your loved one for their telehealth appointment. Our in-home care team can create a quiet, comfortable, and clutter-free space to help you get the most out of your consultation.
Learn More About In-home Care Services In North, Texas
Call 940-241-2273 or visit the Always Best Care Southlake-Denton website to learn more about what our home care assistance programs can do to improve your loved one’s telehealth experiences and otherwise enhance their quality of life.