Elderly Care Service Helps Seniors Weather Texas Power Outages
Today’s post highlights some of the ways our elderly care service helped seniors weather the February 2021 Texas Winter Storm, and repair and recover in its wake.
Read on or call (940)-241-2273 to speak directly with a senior care representative in Southlake/Denton, TX.
Elderly Care Service Helps Seniors Weather Record Winter Storm
The February 2021 winter storm left millions of Texans without power, but seniors bore the brunt of the catastrophe—particularly “vulnerable residents, those that can’t leave their homes or can’t afford hotels or have otherwise limited resources and mounting medical needs.”
But throughout the outages, our elderly care services were there to help. These are just a few of the ways our team made a difference:
- Daily check-ins and socialization calls
- Purchasing food and supplies for seniors sheltering in place as needed
- Setting up powerless lighting solutions
- Enforcing social distancing and COVID-19 safety protocols during visits between seniors sheltering in the same apartment building
- Providing a reliable point of contact for worried family members during the storm
- Assisting with activities of daily living
- Helping with snow shoveling and salting as needed, reducing slip-and-fall hazards
Simplify Winter Storm Repair And Recovery With Elderly Care Services
More than five weeks after the historic February 2021 winter storm wracked Southlake and Denton, residents are still feeling its effects, and officials on the City of Southlake Texas website now estimate that “recovery from the February 2021 Winter Storm could take several months.”
But however long it takes, recovery and repair is underway—and our elderly care services can help.
These are just a few of the ways we can take the stress out of your repair and recovery efforts:
- Help maintain freeze-damaged landscaping using the tips provided by MySouthlakeNews
- Determine your loved one’s leak bill adjustment eligibility by calling Southlake Water Utilities and help fill out forms
- Schedule virtual inspections for water heater replacement, HVAC, fire suppression systems, and plumbing
- Schedule inspections/repairs for poor or spa systems that may have been damaged due to freezing and outages
- Organize bills and paperwork for all contracted repairs
- Help research contractors and find registered workers (e.g. Plumbers Registered in Southlake) to avoid scams
Most of all, by providing qualified home care whenever and wherever it’s needed, we help you focus on repair and recovery with complete peace of mind.
Learn More About Elderly Care Services In North Texas
Call Shane Carpenter at (940)-241-2273 or fill out the form on the Always Best Care Southlake/Denton website to set up a free elderly care consultation.