What to Expect from Senior Care Services in 2018
Todayâ€™s post offers glimpse into our in home and assisted living senior care services. Read on to learn what to expect in 2018 from the best care providers in Katy, Texas and put your mind at ease!
What to expect from in-home senior care services in 2018
As the Baby Boomer population ages past 65 in record numbers, the demand for senior care services has never been greater. Like the rest of America, Katyâ€™s senior population is growing faster than healthcare services can expand. The Social Work in Health Care journal coined this the â€śGraying of America,â€ť and projected that 1 in 5 people will be over the age of 65 by 2030, accounting for 20% of the total population (Spitzer et al., 2004, p. 21-23).
In response to this booming demand, senior care services have been rapidly expanding. Today, residents of Katy, Texas have a number of fantastic in-home options to suit any individual care need, including:
Companionship senior care services, which includes non-medical care such as:
- Respite care;
- Monitoring of diet and medication;
- Conversation and reminiscing;
- Assistance with bills, grocery lists, letters, and other tasks;
- Answering the door and phone;
- Providing reminders for appointments;
- Buying or renting entertainment media such as movies, books, magazines, and games;
- Recording family history, and much more.
Home helper senior care services, which includes:
- Dementia/Alzheimerâ€™s care;
- Medication reminders;
- Assistance with writing letters, organizing mail, reading, and arranging appointments;
- Meal prep, shopping, and cleaning;
- Escort for shopping and other errands;
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and other general housekeeping;
- Accompaniment or transportation to meals, social gatherings, sporting events, and other outings.
Personal senior care services, which includes assistance with:
- Cognitive impairments;
- Medications reminders, and more.
If youâ€™d like to learn more about our in-home senior care services, call 281-231-2813 to speak directly with a representative in Katy, Texas.
What to expect from assisted living senior care services in 2018
Today, there are more than 33,000 assisted living communities in the United States. Accordingly, seniors have a number of great options for assisted living in Katy, Texas.
Senior housing comes in many forms, including:
- Independent living communities;
- Assisted living communities;
- Alzheimerâ€™s and dementia care homes;
- Residential care homes (also known as board and care);
- Skilled nursing facilities.
There are no universal criteria in place to quality to live in senior housing; accordingly, each community will have its own requirements for residency. Some communities have a minimum age, while others welcome young adults. Though the level of care and support differs depending on the individual, most senior housing communities are meant for those who struggle to complete the daily activities of living on their own, but require no medical care.
Typically, senior communities house between 25 and 120 individuals, each with their own custom care arrangements.
Most senior communities have standard room configurations with either studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom apartments complete with kitchenettes. Some additional features to expect from senior housing communities are:
- Low or no-maintenance living;
- Gated entrances and grounds surveillance for maximum resident security;
- Community activities and events;
- Private grounds, and more.
Moreover, most senior communities offer some or all of these amenities:
- Clubhouses with games, equipment, and party rooms;
- Swimming pools and whirlpools;
- Fitness centers with modern equipment and instructor-led classes.
- Tennis and basketball courts;
- On-site laundry facilities;
- On-site salons and other personal care amenities;
- Seasonal residence activities.
Explore your assisted living options for FREE
Finding the right community for your loved one can be tough, which is why we set up our free referral services.
If youâ€™d like to review your assisted living options in Katy, Texas, get in touch with a representative from Always Best Care SW Houston today at 281-231-2813. We will match you with 3-4 preferred assisted living partners whose facilities and service package fits your profile, based on your individual needs, custom screening criteria, and available budgets.
A member of the ABC SW Houston team will escort you for a tour of the recommended facilities and be on standby to answer any questions you may have. But donâ€™t worry – there is no obligation; weâ€™re just trying to help!
Spitzer, W. J., Neuman, K., & Holden, G. (2004). The coming of age for assisted living care: New options for senior housing and social work practice. Social Work in Health Care, 38(3), 21-45.