Air Quality Alert In El Paso, TX: How Caregivers Keep Seniors Safe At Home
Recent air quality alerts raise concerns for El Paso’s senior population, but our caregivers are standing by to help your loved ones breathe easy, live carefree, and age better.
Read on to learn how we’re minimizing seniors’ exposure to air pollution and improving air quality at home, or call (915)-250-0177 to speak directly with a caregiver coordinator near you.
Low Air Quality Puts El Paso Seniors At Risk Of Health Complications
As we age, our bodies are less able to compensate for the effects of environmental hazards. Air pollution can aggravate a number of serious health conditions, including:
- Heart disease and stroke
- Lung diseases, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma
- Diabetes, and more
Each of these outcomes leave seniors using more medication, visiting more healthcare providers, and being admitted to the hospital or emergency room more often, all of which are associated with lower quality of life, increased out-of-pocket healthcare expenses, and poor aging.
Unfortunately, El Paso seniors are exposed to considerable amounts of air pollution, especially during the summer months, when we spend more time outdoors and the risks of wildfires soar. In fact, just last month, KFOX14 warned that “atmospheric conditions will be favorable for increased levels of ozone,” and seniors were told to avoid being outdoors altogether (Brewster, 2022).
But there’s no reason to resign yourself to respiratory problems and health risks when you have our caregivers by your side. Read on to learn how our caregivers reduce exposure to outdoor air pollution and improve indoor air quality, or call (915)-250-0177 to speak directly with a caregiver coordinator near you.
Reduce The Risks Of Air Pollution With Caregivers In El Paso, TX
These are just a few of the ways our caregivers work to minimize the risks of air pollution in El Paso, TX:
- Caregivers reschedule day plans and outings to avoid heavy traffic / rush hour times, where carbon emissions are thick and noxious
- Caregivers keep seniors safe indoors when air pollution alerts are in effect
- Caregivers limit time spent outdoors on a day-to-day basis, helping seniors reap the benefits of sunlight and fresh air, without the risks of prolonged exposure to sun or air pollution
- Caregivers check El Paso’s air pollution index on a regular basis
- Caregivers keep the home care environment clean and free of dust or other airborne allergens
- Caregivers check and maintain HVAC systems and book duct cleanings as needed
- Caregivers prevent air pollutants (e.g. spray paints, chemicals, solvents, dirt and grime, certain pests) from entering the home
- Caregivers monitor senior health and seek support from healthcare providers as needed
Stay Safe At Home: Book A Caregiver Consultation In El Paso, TX
Since 1996, Always Best Care has been helping seniors breathe easy by improving air quality in the home care environment and reducing risks of exposure to outdoor air pollution, and we can do the same for your loved ones in El Paso, TX.
To learn more about how we can improve your loved one’s safety, comfort, and quality of life, you can:
- Call (915)-250-0177 to speak directly with a caregiver coordinator
- Email [email protected] with any additional questions
- Fill out our online contact form to request a callback anytime
Brewster, B. (2022, June 30). Air quality alert for El Paso on Friday. KFOX14 News.