Hearing Loss in Senior? Tips That Can Help
Hearing problems are common among the older adults. Studies show that one in three people aged 60 and above suffer from hearing problem or even hearing loss. It is a serious problem, be it mild or severe. Moreover, if your loved one is suffering from a hearing problem, daily living may become challenging for them. It can affect your loved one’s life in a number of ways.
Inability to hear properly can make your loved one isolated, which can further cause stress, depression, and other mental problems. Moreover, they may fail to recognize the sound of an overcoming vehicle, horn, or buzzer. So, if you too have a senior family member at home who is suffering from a hearing problem, make sure to contact the doctor immediately.
Older adults suffering from hearing problem may experience –
• Problem being a part of a conversation
• Difficulty in hearing high-pitched voices
• Difficulty noticing the alert sounds
• Trouble hearing what others are saying
However, here are some of the tips that you can consider to help your aging loved one with a hearing problem.
• If your senior family member complaints about trouble hearing, make sure to contact a professional who has years of experience in dealing with seniors suffering from hearing problems. The doctor will ask to get some tests followed up with a visit to an audiologist. After examining the senior properly, the doctor will recommend a hearing aid. If necessary.
• Communicating with a senior suffering from a hearing problem can be a challenging task. So, you need to be calm and patient while interacting with them.
Older adults suffering from hearing problem may need assistance with the daily living activities, especially if they live alone. So, if you have no time due to other household responsibilities, consider hiring a professional help in the form of caregivers
An experienced in-home care provider will take care of your aging loved one’s safety, assist them with daily living, and also provide transportation for doctor’s appointments. So, if you are looking for an in-home senior care provider for your loved one in Columbiana, OH, contact Always Best Care today.
They have a team of highly trained, bonded, and insured caregivers who ensure to provide compassionate senior care services.
For more information, call at (330) 385-5960.