5 Must-Have Tech Tools for seniors
Over the past few years, there has been a significant growth in technology for seniors. Some examples of the technological advancement include smartphones designed specifically for older adults to be easier-to-use and personal monitoring equipment for fall prevention that is less obtrusive and more effective.
According to recent research, the number of older adults embracing technology innovations is growing at a rapid rate. Hence, the old stereotype that older adults struggle with technology is no longer necessarily true.
Here are 5 technology tools that every senior should have:
1. Smartphones: Smartphones help seniors stay socially active through various applications, such as Facebook, Skype, Whatsapp and many more. These types of applications help seniors avoid feelings of loneliness by keeping them in touch with their long-distance loved ones and allows them to make new friends with similar interests.
2. Personal Emergency Response System (PERS): This is a safety device which allows the wearer to call for help by simply pushing a button. Both seniors and their families can have peace of mind knowing that PERS will make a call for help in case of any emergency.
3. Video and Computer Games: There are some video games that help improve cognition and mental agility. Besides boosting the mental health of seniors, they are also a great source of entertainment.
4. GPS: GPS technology is very helpful, especially for seniors with memory related conditions like dementia. A GPS can immediately alert a family member of the dementia suffering senior if the latter wanders or is lost.
5. Health Tracking Software: Seniors should invest in software and apps that can help them monitor their health, assist with medication management, and track their nutritional needs.
Seniors should make the most of technology to improve the quality of their life. If you have a senior member in your family, help them stay updated with technology by gifting them a tech tool.
For senior home care assistance in Morris, contact Always Best Care. Call (862) 772-7047 to learn more about their services.