Enjoy the Outdoors While Getting a Quality Workout with These Fun Activities
- Playgrounds: Have fun with your grandkids by spending time playing at the playground. Climb the equipment, push them on the swings, shoot some hoops with a basketball, kick around a soccer ball, and much more!
- Stair Climbing: Climbing a few flights of stairs can be great cardio and work your leg muscles and core. Consider walking the stairs in your neighborhood or at a local school stadium.
- Yard work: Activities like working the soil, planting seeds, and pulling weeds can be quite the workout! So can tidying up around the yard by trimming bushes, sweeping walkways, and planting flowers.
- Frisbee/Catch: Relive your childhood by tossing a Frisbee or ball around. This works a variety of muscles, keeps you moving, and practices hand-eye coordination too.
- Hiking: Enjoy in the lap of nature with a hike through the woods. You can see all kinds of different plants and animals while getting your steps in.
- Biking: Strap on your helmet and do a low-impact workout by riding your bike around the neighborhood or local parks. It’s also a great way to practice balance!
- Yoga: Bring your yoga workout outdoors. The peacefulness of nature can also be very calming. Look for outdoor yoga sessions held throughout your community to meet others and try different poses.
In addition to these activities, even if you just start out walking each day, it can be beneficial to your health. An in-home caregiver can be a great companion for your walks, or they can help you set up times to meet with friends or sign up for activities at the local recreation center. A caregiver can work with you to stay safe while aging in place and continuing to do the things you enjoy. In addition to all these games, assisted living facilities can also help you in improving the quality of life for your seniors in Bergen County. Contact Always Best Care of Bergen and Passaic today at (877) 318-0529 to schedule a free consultation.