Stay Healthy This Summer with These Outdoor Exercises
The summer warmth and sunshine can be a great opportunity to shift your workouts outdoors. You have the freedom to try exercises that cannot be done inside. Physical activities help a great deal in boosting mobility, coordination, mental health and balance. Some of the activities you can try out this summer are:
- Swimming: Being in the water provides gentle resistance that is easy on joints and muscles, especially for those with arthritis or joint pain. You may also want to consider signing up for a water aerobics class.
- Walking/Jogging: Doctors recommend getting in at least 10,000 steps per day, so going on a daily stroll or jog can be an effective way to meet this goal. Keep things interesting by exploring new places, walking with friends, or working with a personal trainer.
- Hiking: Enjoy Mother Nature with a hike through the woods. You can see all kinds of different plants and animals while getting your steps in.
- Yoga: Change up the scenery by bringing your yoga workout outdoors. The peacefulness of nature can also be very calming. Look for outdoor yoga sessions held throughout your community to meet others and try different poses.
- Gardening/Yard work: Working the soil, planting seeds, and pulling weeds can be quite the workout! So can tidying up around the yard by trimming bushes, sweeping walkways, and planting flowers. Do something you love, make your home look more presentable, and get a workout in all at the same time.
If you are looking for a caregiver who could assist you with these activities, you can hire a professional from Always Best Care. Always Best Care is among the leading providers of home care services for elders in Livonia. You will also find Always Best Care among the top results for “senior care near me”. Our entire team of professionals has your loved ones’ best interests at heart and we ensure that exceptional service and care is provided to them. Get in touch with us for more information. Call @ (248) 579-4426 today!