Stop Senior Isolation: COVID-Safe In-Home Care In Clinton Township, MI
As research on the negative effects of senior isolation continues to pile up, one thing remains clear: social wellness is essential for healthy aging. If you’re looking for ways to get mom or dad to get social, our in-home care team can help.
Read on to learn how our in-home care teams can reduce the myriad risks of social isolation, or call (586)-690-7500 to speak directly with an in-home care representative in Clinton Township, MI.
Senior Isolation Poses Greater Risk Than Obesity, Smoking, And Inactivity
“Few have suffered more through the coronavirus pandemic than senior citizens,” writes Jamie Edmonds in a report for ClickOnDetroit. “They were most at risk and often shut-off from the outside world.”
And while COVID-19 is a major concern, isolation might be the bigger threat for much of the population. According to the Center for Disease Control, the health risks of loneliness include:
- 50% increased risk of dementia
- 29% increased risk of heart disease
- 32% increased risk of stroke
- 68% increased risk of hospitalization
- 57% increased risk of emergency department visits
- “Significantly increased” risk of premature death from all causes, exceeding even the all-cause mortality risks of smoking, obesity, and physical inactivity
And just as the dangers of COVID-19 infection are yet to be fully understood, so too new studies on the risks of senior isolation are being published every day. For instance, a brand-new study by the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, published on September 18th, links pandemic isolation to declining physical activity and increased risk of serious slip-and-fall injury.
Stop Senior Isolation With COVID-Safe In-Home Care In Clinton Township, MI
It only takes one phone call to curb your loved one’s risk of social isolation. Our in-home care team makes it easy get social, offering:
- Full support with hosting and social visits, outings, community events, religious ceremonies, and more
- COVID-safe transportation to facilitate meetings with friends and family
- Assistance with video chatting and other COVID-safe solutions to help seniors stay social
- Respite care services to free up friends and family for social visits, and more
Of course, the best way to curb the risks of senior isolation is through companionship, as one man recently reminded us with his heartwarming show of love and commitment.
ClickOnDetroit News tells the story of Frank Notaft, an 83-year-old man from Warren, Michigan, who spends every afternoon the same way: eliminating the risks of isolation for his loving wife, Nikki, who now resides at a long-term care facility in Clinton Township. Although the pandemic disrupted his usual visits, he couldn’t stay away—every afternoon, Frank sets up a chair and tent outside of his wife’s window, passing the afternoon chit-chatting and reminiscing, keeping loneliness from setting in.
And that’s exactly what our in-home care teams can do for seniors at-risk of isolation. Whether your elderly father needs COVID-safe transportation for a COVID-safe interaction with a loved one, or your parents need daily companionship from our in-home care team, we do it all.
Free Quote On In-Home Care Services In Clinton Township, MI
To book a free care consultation and get a quote on a custom in-home care plan, call (586)-690-7500 or fill out our online contact form to request a callback.