Head Off Holiday Headaches With Senior Care Services In Clinton Township
The holiday season can be stressful at any age, and especially so for older adults. But with the support of our senior care services, your loved ones can head off holiday stress and make the most of “the most wonderful time of the year.”
Read on to review research on the realities of holiday stress for older adults, and find out 5 ways our senior care services can help, or call (586)-690-7500 to schedule a senior care consultation straight away.
Holiday Stress Raises Senior Care Concerns In Clinton Township, MI
The holiday season should be “the most wonderful time of the year,” but for many people, it’s a major source of stress. In fact, according to the APA’s Holiday Stress Report, nearly two-thirds (61%) of people experience feelings of stress on a regular basis during the holidays.
Common sources of holiday stress include:
- Social obligations
- Managing holiday responsibilities (e.g. making food, buying gifts, etc)
- Holiday travel
- Financial stress
- Conflict with friends and family
Additionally, the holidays often disrupt proper diet, exercise, and sleep schedules, and for seniors with few friends or family members, they can be incredibly lonely.
With all this in mind, it should come as no great surprise that over one-third (38%) of seniors report increases in depression, anxiety, and substance misuse during the holiday season.
But seasonal stress is preventable, and our senior care service makes it easy to beat the holiday blues. Read on to learn a few ways we can help, or call (586)-690-7500 to speak directly with a senior care coordinator in Clinton Township, MI.
5 Ways Senior Care Services Help Prevent Holiday Headaches
Beyond helping your loved ones maintain their healthy lifestyle over the holidays, and reducing family conflicts related to care scheduling, our senior care teams can:
- Help older adults stick to their holiday budgets. Financial stress skyrockets over the holiday season, but our senior care teams can help your loved ones save money by creating (and sticking to) a grocery budget, preparing fresh meals instead of ordering takeout, crafting homemade gifts, finding sales during holiday shopping outings, cutting coupons, registering for free activities at your local senior center, and more!
- Simplify holiday shopping. Whether your loved one is concerned about braving busy shopping malls so soon after the pandemic, or they’d just rather skip the hassle, our senior care teams can help by picking up requested items or assisting with online shopping.
- Take the stress out of holiday hosting. Our senior care teams provide year-round support with hosting, and this includes the holiday season. Just leave the cleaning, cooking, and hosting duties to us while your loved one focuses on enjoying time surrounded by friends and family!
- Provide safe and reliable transportation. Whether your loved one needs a ride to the shopping mall or help traveling out of town to visit friends and family, our senior care teams can get them exactly where they need to be, providing safe transportation, good company, and full support with the activities of daily living (ADLs) along the way.
- Keep holiday gatherings COVID-safe. Until the pandemic threat period has truly passed, it is important for seniors to continue to practice safety protocols. If your loved ones choose to gather with friends and family outside of their immediate circle, our senior care teams can enforce COVID-19 safety measures at your request. We can also help your loved ones find COVID-safe social events in Clinton Township, whether they prefer to gather virtually through Michigan’s senior center programming or meet friends outside for a hot beverage from a safe social distance.
Get A Free Quote On Senior Care Services In Clinton Township, MI
If you’re looking to take the stress out of this holiday season, get in touch with our senior care team. Over the past 12 years, we’ve helped hundreds of seniors and family caretakers with holiday traveling, shopping, hosting, budgeting, and event-planning in Clinton Township, MI—all while providing our standard care services and support with activities of daily living (ADLs)—and we can do the same for you!
To schedule a free consultation and get a free quote on a custom senior care plan for your loved ones, call (586)-690-7500 or fill out our online contact form.