Explore Home Care Options And Assisted Living Placements In Michigan
Read on for help making an informed decision about your long-term care, or call (586)-690-7500 to start a free consultation.
Explore Home Care Options In Clinton Township, MI
The State of Michigan recognizes two broad forms of home care:
- Non-medical home care services, which provide assistance with the activities of daily living like bathing, dressing, eating, hygiene, transferring, and mobility
- Medical home care services, which provide skilled care, including nursing care, physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy
Whatever your loved one’s care needs, Always Best Care is here to help. We offer a complete continuum of non-medical home care services, from light housekeeping and companionship to intensive support with the activities of daily living, and we can connect you with medical services and skilled nurses in the Clinton Township community.
Call (586)-690-7500 or fill out the contact form on our website to start your free home care consultation.
Find An Assisted Living Placement In Michigan, MI
With assisted living, your loved one is a resident, not a patient. Though many assisted living centers (ALCs) offer personal care and medication management services, ALC residents are typically quite independent.
So how do you find the right assisted living placement?
As part of a recent home care consumer education initiative, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel has prepared the following checklist to help Clinton Township residents make an informed decision.
To find the best assisted living placement, the State of Michigan recommends that families:
- “Make A First Visit For A Tour; Make Return Visits For A Meal And To Observe Activities.”
As part of your assisted living placement, we can help you set up as many tours as you need, and we’ll accompany you on the day-of.
- “Consider Atmosphere, Physical Features, Medication And Health Care Insurance, Unit Features, Social And Recreational Activities, Food Service And Satisfaction Surveys.”
As you can see, there’s a lot to consider, but we can help. Our assisted living placement team knows what needs to be asked—we do it every week—and we’ll make sure no questions go unanswered, so you can make an informed choice.
- “Analyze The Terms And Conditions Of Contracts And Understand Resident Rights And Responsibilities.”
Here again, many first-time care consumers can start to feel overwhelmed, but our assisted living placement team can help you navigate this new territory.
- “If A Veterean, Veteran Spouse, Or Widow, Ask About The Veteran Aid And Attendance Benefit To Help Pay For In-home Care, Assisted Living, Or Nursing Home.”
Medicare and private health care insurance do not cover costs for assisted living, but our assisted living placement team can help you determine your eligibility for any Veteran’s Aid.
If you need help finding the right assisted living facility, get in touch with our team. Along with all the best practices recommended on the State of Michigan website, we will help you identify your unique care needs, create a shortlist of facilities that fit your care criteria, and take you on a guided tour, all at no cost to you.
To begin your assisted living placement, call (586)-690-7500 or fill out the short contact form on the Always Best Care website.