Connect, Learn, And Have Fun During COVID-19 With Senior Care Services
Looking for new ways to support your loved ones through COVID-19? Today’s post highlights a few of the different ways our senior care service makes sheltering-in-place more fun, rewarding, and sustainable for older adults in Clinton Township, MI.
Read on or call 586-203-2157 for a free quote on senior care services straight away.
Senior Care Services Keep Older Adults Connected In Clinton Township, MI
Though the Clinton Township COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan urges local residents to keep practicing social distancing, nobody’s calling for social isolation. In fact, social isolation is now recognized as one of the leading mental health risks for adults over the age of 65, with researchers at the Centers for Disease Control linking senior loneliness to:
- Heightened risk of premature death from all causes, rivaling the risks of smoking, obesity, and physical inactivity;
- 50% increased risk of dementia in older adults;
- 29% increased risk of heart disease;
- 32% increased risk of stroke;
- Higher rates of depression, anxiety, and suicide;
- 400% increased risk of death among heart failure patients, 68% increased risk of hospitalization, and 57% increased risk of emergency department visits.
In light of these findings, the importance of keeping seniors connected is clear. And that’s one area where our senior care services truly shine.
Not only does our team provide constant companionship during your homecare visit, but we also help seniors stay connected during COVID-19 in the following ways:
- We enforce all COVID-19 infection control protocols during social visits (e.g. proper masking, social distancing, frequent hand sanitizing, and cleaning of high-contact surfaces)
- We transport seniors safely to-and-from COVID-safe outdoor events and socially distanced visits
- We help schedule, plan, and host family visits and social get-togethers
- We help seniors connect with family remotely using video chats, email, and phone calls
- We provide a reliable point of contact when adult children need to reach their loved ones
Senior Care Services Provide COVID-Safe Learning Opportunities In Clinton Township, MI
Lifelong learning has been described as a health elixir for seniors, and it’s a constructive pastime to pursue while sheltering-in-place. If you’re looking for ways to exercise your loved one’s brain and increase cognitive reserves, look no further than our senior care services. These are just a few of the ways we can help your loved one commit to lifelong learning:
- Purchase brain games, books, documentaries, and other learning resources for your loved one
- Schedule “study time” as part of your loved one’s daily care routine
- Help your loved ones access local senior learning resources in Clinton Township (e.g. virtual offerings from the Clinton Township Senior Adult Life Center)
Clinton Township Senior Care Services Make Sheltering-In-Place More Fun
Sheltering in place doesn’t need to be a drag. Our intensive caregiver matchmaking process ensures your loved one is placed in the care of someone they truly enjoy being around, and every senior caregiver comes bearing games, fun activities, and endless ideas for enjoyable pastimes. As part of our response to COVID-19, we’ve also come up with plenty of ideas for pandemic-safe outdoor activities, all in the name of making sheltering-in-place more fun!
Free Quote On Senior Care Services In Clinton Township, MI
To learn more about the costs and benefits of our senior care services, visit the Always Best Care of Clinton Township website or call 586-203-2157 to get a free quote on a custom care plan.