5 Ways Elderly Care Keeps Seniors Standing In Clinton Township, MI
Slip-and-fall injuries pose serious health concerns for Clinton Township’s seniors, but elderly care services are among the most effective safety interventions out there.
Read on to learn a few ways we’re reducing the risks of slip-and-fall injuries in the home care environment, or call (586) 690-7500 to speak directly with an elderly coordinator in Clinton Township, MI.
Clinton Township Seniors’ Slip-And-Fall Risk Exceeds The National Average
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)’s Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), 29.4% of seniors in Clinton Township reported falling at least once in the last month, which exceeds the national average of 27%.
1 in 5 of these falls caused a serious injury, including approximately 90% of reported hip fractures, plus as much as 51% of traumatic brain injuries, and the fatality rate from falls is on the rise, particularly among those ages 85 and older.
Fortunately, there are plenty of effective slip-and-fall interventions, many of which are either free or low-cost, and all of which are included as part of our elderly care service. Read on to learn more, or call (586) 690-7500 to speak directly with an elderly coordinator in Clinton Township, MI.
5 Ways Elderly Care Keeps Clinton Township Seniors Standing
Here’s a quick introduction to how our elderly care providers can help you fall-proof the home and reduce the risks and recovery time associated with slip-and-fall injuries:
- Effortlessly implement healthy behavioral modifications that reduce fall risk. Healthy diet and regular exercise have both been proven to significantly reduce seniors’ fall risk and improve recovery time. With Always Best Care, implementing these lifestyle changes is easy. Not only can we take care of the shopping, cooking, and clean-up, making healthy eating as simple as ordering takeout, but we also create more opportunities for safe exercise at home, providing on-demand safety monitoring and motivation, and even accompanying your loved one on gentle walks and other light activities.
- Remove common slip-and-fall hazards from the home. Our elderly care team offers full support with house cleaning and home maintenance, so your loved ones need not worry about tripping over piles of clothes and clutter, or losing their footing in a poorly lit room.
- Install anti-slip aids at-home. We can research, purchase, and install anti-slip products, such as grab bars, grip mats, and toileting aids. All you have to do is ask!
- Eliminate fall risk with activities of daily living (ADLs). We provide full support with all activities of daily living, so your loved one never needs to risk losing balance or aggravating injuries while dressing, toileting, bathing, or getting in and out of bed.
- Enhance access to health care providers to reduce fall risk. Whether your loved one needs to attend physical therapy sessions for better balance, or they need to consult with their doctor about new medications they may be taking (and which may compromise balance or cause drowsiness), our elderly care team makes it easy. We’ll book their appointment, provide scheduling reminders, drive them to-and-from the clinic, and take notes during consultations to ensure no important information slips through the cracks.
Get A Free Quote On Elderly Care Solutions In Clinton Township, MI
To learn more about how we can help, you can fill out our quick contact form, email [email protected], or call (586) 690-7500.to speak directly with an elderly care coordinator in Clinton Township, MI.