5 Habits Seniors Should Give Up For Better Heart Health
In America, more than one person dies every minute from a heart disease related event. It is a scary fact that shows how important it is to pay attention to your heart health. Since older adults are at a higher risk of developing heart conditions, it is essential for them to take precautionary measures.
Following are the habits that seniors should give up for better heart health.
- Overeating and unhealthy eating habits can increase the risk of heart disease for older adults. They should give up the habit of eating unhealthy or depending on ready to eat meals.
- Excessive alcohol consumption is a major risk factor for cardiovascular problems. Quitting will help seniors lower the risk significantly.
- Not exercising is certainly not good for seniors, as it can lead to heart problems. They should exercise daily to stay fit and active as well as to reduce their risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Sitting in one place for long time puts older adults at the risk of heart problems. It is advised to get moving every hour, as lack of movement may affect blood pressure or blood sugar levels.
- Smoking is another bad habit that older adults should quit. Smoking is one of the major risk factors for heart conditions. Living with a smoker is also bad for health. Thus, quitting smoking is the solution.
Seniors with heart problems may need help in maintaining their quality of life including meals, medication, transportation etc. If your senior is struggling with daily living too, then hire professional caregivers for them.
You can contact senior care organizations like Always Best care to hire highly trained, qualified and experienced senior in-home care providers in Macomb County.
For more information, call at (586) 329-1950.