What To Choose: Private Caregiver or Homecare Agency
One of the toughest things that your aging parent may have to face is the thought of giving up the independence of home which they have enjoyed for years. Moving into an assisted home living or nursing home can be very difficult for a parent.
To many people it is quite a confusing task whether to choose private caregiver, in-home caregiver or an agency. What works best for them? Let’s have a look at the basic benefits you can get from all of these:
Advantage of hiring your private caregiver:
- Less expensive than working with an agency.
- May be able to exchange care services for room or board, this works good for students
- Caregiver is your employee, they work for you
Advantage of hiring an agency:
- Agency pays insurance, taxes etc., less risk and no liability on your part
- Agencies have their regulations and guidelines and must pass inspections to operate
- Shift will always be covered
Types of assistance can a caregiver provide:
- Light cleaning
- Meal preparation
- Doctor appointment
- Night care
Always Best Care provides the best non-medical in-home care in Monroe and surrounding communities. Our care givers are thoroughly screened, bonded, and insured to provide the safest and highest level of care. For more info, call at 318-322-2223.