Work for Always Best Care!
CAREGIVERS: JOIN ALWAYS BEST CARE FOR BETTER PAY, TOP TRAINING, NEW BENEFITS & POSITIVE CULTURE
Multiple positions, immediate and future openings, fill in and ongoing assignments
Shifts range from 2 to 12 hours, everything from companion/homemaker services to total care
CARE FOR ABC CLIENTS IN THEIR HOMES IN: Louisville, St. Matthews, Lyndon, Middletown, Jeffersontown, Glenview, Prospect, Buckner, Crestwood, Lagrange, Taylorsville, Shelbyville
Always Best Care in Louisville (ABC) is an independently owned company driven by positive values that you can be proud of and we have created a rewarding team-oriented work environment. You can help us help seniors and people with disabilities or illnesses live as independently as possible in their own home or a senior community. You can make a difference in their lives, their families’ lives and yours by joining our high-quality team.
ABC strives to be the BEST home care agency, not the biggest. We get to know our clients and caregivers personally and try to make long-lasting matches. We make warm, personal introductions of caregivers to clients and their specific care plans, and provide superior customer service.
OUR CAREGIVERS ENJOY THESE BENEFITS:
- Very competitive pay that takes into account the level of care required by the client, and the number of hours per shift.
- FREE training and certifications online through the Institute for Professional Care Education to help you advance your career.
- Affordable AFLAC Short Term Disability, Cancer, Hospital, Accident income replacement policies are available after 30 days of employment. AFLAC pays you directly in cash to help keep your head above water while you’re off work and don’t have a paycheck coming in.
- RX discount program can save up to 65% on medications
- Referral bonuses of $100 – $500
- Thorough training and support, access to FREE online classes and educational materials.
- W-2 employee status – all payroll taxes withheld
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Liability insurance
- Unemployment insurance
- Discounted Costco membership
CAREGIVER RESPONSIBILITIES, BASED ON CLIENT’S LEVEL OF CARE.
- Caregivers are expected to be dependable, compassionate, professional members of a team that works to help clients live the safest, healthiest, most independent and fulfilling life possible, in the comfort of their own home, or in an appropriate senior living community. We help keep people out of nursing homes as long as possible.
- Caregivers are responsible for following each client’s care plan, keeping managers informed/care plan updated so that all members of the care team know the latest client needs.
- Pay increases with client’s level of care, for standard shifts of 4-11 hours. Shorter shifts pay more per hour to make it worthwhile for caregivers. 12-hour sleeping shifts may pay slightly less than standard shifts to make 24/7 care more affordable for clients.
LEVEL 1 – may include companionship, housekeeping, cooking, medication reminders, pet care, transportation to and from appointments, shopping, outings and more.
LEVEL 2 – includes Level 1 if needed, plus such duties as preparing special diet, walking/standby assistance, help with exercises, bathing, grooming and/or dressing.
LEVEL 3 – includes Levels 1 and 2 if needed, plus transferring (in/out of bed/wheelchair), turning (bedsore prevention), catheter bag emptying, incontinence care, safety supervision, and feeding.
- Demonstrate good listening habits and ability to read and follow instructions
- At least one year of caregiving experience, including time spent caring for family, education/training for applicable certifications P.C.A., C.N.A., H.H.A., and time in clinicals (C.N.A. certificate not required but is a plus)
- Pass work style fit survey, background check, drug screen, & skills test
- High school diploma, or G.E.D.
- Valid driver’s license, Social Security card/proof of residence, car insurance
- Results of current TB test/x-ray (Less than 11 months ago)
- Reliable door to door transportation, working cell phone, use of email and texting
- Solid employment references/good work history
TAKE TWO STEPS TO APPLY FOR OUR CAREGIVER POSITIONS
It will take about 30-45 minutes to complete both requirements.
- GO TO OUR WORKSTYLE FIT WEBSITE AND COMPLETE THE SURVEY:
(Mobile phone friendly)
INSTRUCTIONS: Imagine yourself working for ABC in a client’s home and helping them with meals, housekeeping, bathing, grooming, dressing, etc. and answer honestly how you would react. Don’t try to guess the “best” answer, the test knows if your answer isn’t honest.
- GO TO OUR APPLICATION WEBSITE:
(Sorry, can only be done from a PC, not a phone or tablet)
- If you have any difficulty completing either step, please email: [email protected]
- NEXT STEPS: If your Work Style is a good fit for this position, your application demonstrates your qualifications, AND your references are good, a member of our HR team will call, email and text to get in touch and review your application by phone and invite you to our next group interview and orientation day, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Please be watching for texts from area code 415, or 650 and check your SPAM for the email. Also check your voice mail frequently so you don’t miss our call!
INSTRUCTIONS: Fill this out completely! Make sure you list employment back at least 5 years. If you have caregiving experience, we want to know where you obtained that experience, whether caring for family members, clients in their homes, or in a facility. Please give us the full names of supervisors or clients. We do call and check, so please make sure spelling of names, phone numbers and dates of employment are accurate.
We hope you’ll be the next great addition to our high quality team!