ALWAYS BEST CARE STANDS FOR QUALITY, PERSONAL, COMPASSIONATE HOME CARE
We maximize safety, comfort, dignity and independence for seniors and people with illnesses or disabilities, helping them avoid nursing homes for as long as possible.
WE STRIVE TO BE THE BEST – NOT THE BIGGEST
Always Best Care establishes and maintains a personal connection with our caregivers and clients; creating lasting matches wherever possible.
We carefully match caregivers to the client’s level of care, personalized care plan, personality, specific needs and interests – striving for a long-term match – making replacements if necessary.
We strive to make personal introductions when a substitute or new caregiver is scheduled, and notify you in advance. We try never to send a caregiver to you “cold”.
We’ve built a roster of caregivers who are eligible for assignments, and we personally screen, hire and train additional, experienced caregivers constantly.
(Some agencies have 400 or more clients and caregivers on their roster, but with that many people, and it is very difficult to know each one personally or provide tailored services.)
Both owner-managers are Certified Senior Advisors (CSAs), qualified to advise/guide seniors and their families on a wide range of issues and resources to help them navigate the long-term care system. This is a FREE benefit to our clients!
Caregivers are visited on the job monthly by our R.N. Care Manager, to guide and coach them, as well as to get client feedback, replenish supplies, and to update the client’s care plan so that our services are adapted to a client’s changing needs.
Always Best Care’s professional caregivers provide in-home personal care and help with daily living activities from four hours up to 24 hours a day. Services include: companionship, light housekeeping, meals, pet care, errands, transportation, medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, transferring, safety supervision, fall prevention, incontinence care, feeding, bed sore prevention and much more. *A list of standard services and levels of care:
Services generally included are:
- Meal preparation/monitor diet and eating
- Medication reminders
- Transportation with caregiver or client’s car (doctor appointments, visiting friends)
- Pet care
- Water plants
- Bedtime routine and tuck-in
- Morning routine and wake-up
- Arrange appointments
- Engage in activities (games, memory books)
- Maintain Escort on appointments (hair salon, physical therapy, etc.)
- Escort to religious services or events
- Keep calendar and organize mail
- Monitor food expiration dates, make future meals
- Engage in physical and mental exercises
- Assist with entertaining
- Assist with clothing selection
- Oversee home deliveries
- Monitor TV usage
- Mail bills and letters
- Light Housekeeping*
“*What Light Housekeeping” Includes
- Cleaning bathrooms that client uses (mirror, counters, sinks, tub, shower stall, floor and toilet). Weekly or sooner if needed.
- Cleaning kitchen and washing dishes – includes washing a sink full of dishes by hand, (or rinse and load dishwasher and run it). Dry dishes and put away.
- Making client’s bed daily, changing linens once a week or if soiled.
- Vacuuming and dusting client’s living space weekly or sooner if needed.
- Sweeping floors whenever there are crumbs or tracked-in leaves or dirt.
- Mopping floors of client’s living areas – once a week
- Laundry: Washing, drying, folding or hanging laundry, ironing. A load per day for shorter shifts (four hours or less), two loads for longer shifts.
- Emptying wastebaskets, taking out trash at least weekly. Take out immediately if full or smelly!
Many other services are possible, with approval from management. Clients must contact the office, NOT the caregiver, to request additional services.
NOTE: Caregivers’ first priorities will always be the client’s well-being, followed by keeping the areas that the client uses most frequently clean, comfortable and safe.
- We do not do yard work, clean out garages, or clean or wash cars
- We also do not do heavy cleaning, lifting, or move furniture or boxes.
- If heavy home cleaning is needed (i.e., washing windows, cleaning multiple bathrooms, entire large homes, scrubbing floors, cleaning carpets, anything requiring getting on a ladder or getting down on knees, or frequent cleaning after other family members), we will gladly refer clients to a reputable cleaning company to provide those services.
(Includes Level 1, if needed)
- Preparing special diet
- Walking/standby assistance (fall safety)
- Help with exercises
- Bathing and/or grooming (safe assistance in and out of shower)
- Safety supervision
(Includes Levels 1 & 2, if needed)
- Transferring (in/out of wheelchair)
- Turning (bedsore prevention)
- Catheter bag emptying
- Incontinence care
(Includes Levels 1, 2 & 3 if needed)
- Live in or 24/7 care.
- Assisting with advanced Alzheimer’s/dementia care or other mental health conditions may be
higher to reward caregivers for dealing with highly challenging behavior.
Pricing is based on the client’s level of care and number of hours in a single block of time. The most accurate estimate is provided after the in-home assessment. For a sample Assessment and Care Plan click here.