Is Your Loved One Suffering From Depression? Signs To Recognize
According to the recent studies, about two million of the 34 million older adults in America suffer from some kind of depression. Isolation, financial & family problems, chronic illness can give rise to depression in seniors. It is important for you to recognize the signs as soon as possible to avoid any further health problem. So, if you too have a senior at home who is suffering from depression, here are the signs that you should look for and recognize.
- Is your loved one suddenly gaining or losing weight? Well, then it can be a sign of depression. In such situations, it is common for seniors to experience overeating or a loss of appetite.
- Seniors suffering from depression may commonly show signs of restlessness, irritability, and frustration.
- Seniors may feel hopeless, helpless or guilty, which are the warning signs that your loved one is suffering from depression.
- Unexplained pains and aches are other signs of this disorder.
- Your loved one may suddenly lose interest in their favorite activities or hobbies. If so, then it can be a sign of depression.
- Sleeping problems are another common sign of depression. This may include insomnia, excessive sleeping, trouble sleeping, and more.
However, if your aging loved one is living alone and showing signs of depression, then you can consider hiring professional help in the form of caregivers. An experienced in-home care provider will not only look after your senior’s safety but also help in reducing their loneliness.
If you are looking for an in-home senior care provider in Cedar Valley, contact Always Best Care today. For more information, you can call at (319) 826-4536.