Strategies for Boosting Brain Health
Did you know that if you don’t focus on your mental health enough, you could be putting yourself at even more risk for developing Alzheimer’s as you age? If you haven’t been focusing on your mental health, then it’s about time that you start if you want to stay healthy well into your later years.
Seniors who regularly try to improve their brain’s health are more likely to stay healthy, both mentally and physically, as they progress through life. So, what are you waiting for? If you are a senior receiving in-home care in Atlanta, keep reading below to learn some of the top strategies that you can implement, with the help of your Caregiver, to improve your brain health.
- Try meditation. Did you know that meditation is one of the best things you can do to improve your mental health? Spending 10 minutes of light meditation right when you roll out of bed in the morning can help you center yourself, relieve stress, and get you ready for the day ahead.
- Always eat a nutritious breakfast. When people say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, they are not kidding! It’s been shown that people who eat breakfast in the morning have a much more healthy brain than those who don’t.
- Go for a walk or run outside. Running or getting exercise outside on a nice spring or summer day is not only good for your physical health. When you get a good run or light jog in on a regular basis, your brainpower is going to get a boost as well.
- Play mind games or brainteasers: You can either go to your bookstore or look online to find some mind games for you to spend time doing on a regular basis. When you play these games, you are going to be continuously challenging your brain to think differently and keep your synapses sharp.
- Try to eat brain super foods. Did you know that there are certain “super foods” that help your brain work more efficiently? Well, there are! Foods like salmon and other fish-related foods come with tons of omega-3 fatty acids that help your brain to function at optimum levels and stay healthy for longer periods of time.