Hurricane season in the Atlantic is June 1st through November 30th and now is the time to prepare. The beginning of the season is the best time to review your plans for a hurricane and gather supplies. Do you need registered with a shelter or do you plan to evacuate with family? Review your insurance policy and keep in a water tight container. Make sure to take this with you if you have to evacuate.
Steps To Prepare For A Hurricane
- Prepare a Hurricane Survival Kit- cash, canned food, water, batteries, flashlight, copies of important documents, etc.Keep a Full Tank of Gas. Gas could become difficult to get.
- Register for a Special Needs Shelter NOW, if needed, and update annually.
- Know Your Evacuation Level. Find Your Nearest Shelter NOW, and Map a Route.
- Have a Plan, and Share It. Pick two places to meet- Plan A and Plan B.(There is a very good chance your cell phone will not work!)
- Consider What You Will Do With Your Pets. Many hotels and shelters will not accept pets. Research this in advance.
For a free Hurricane Readiness Guide, please contact [email protected] or download it at the button below