Eliminating a Caregiver’s Stress
Life today is very busy; making it difficult to balance everything that life throws at you. This can be even more difficult for those that take care of seniors on a regular basis. If you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed out, it is important to find ways to alleviate your stress, not only for your senior relative, but also for yourself. Understanding the signs and symptoms of stress is important to know so you understand when you need to stop and take care of yourself.
- Constant change in moods with a majority of your time feeling angry, upset or edgy
- Difficulty focusing on the task at hand, constantly worrying about what comes next
- Inability to eat or adopting poor eating habits
- Constant feeling of unease or feeling sick
- Consistent colds or stomach aches
If you suffer from any of these symptoms among the many others that could signal that you are stressed out, it is important to find ways to make yourself feel better and less overwhelmed. If you are doing too much, it might be time to find professional senior care that can come to your senior’s home and help him or her with daily activities, even if it is just once or twice a week in order to give you a break. This will allow you to gather yourself and be a better relative and caregiver to your loved one.