Try Out These Fun Summer Activities This Summer
It is finally that time of the year where you can step out to feel the warmth and sunshine and try out some fun activities outdoors. Here are some activities you should definitely take out time to enjoy:
- Swimming: Being in the water provides gentle resistance that is easy on joints and muscles, especially for those with arthritis or joint pain. You may also want to consider signing up for a water aerobics class.
- Biking: Grab your helmet and do a low-impact workout by riding your bike around the neighborhood or Local Park. It’s also a great way to practice balance!
- Walking/Jogging: Doctors recommend getting in at least 10,000 steps per day, so going on a daily stroll or jog can be an effective way to meet this goal. You can make it interesting by exploring new places, walking with friends, or working with a personal trainer.
- Hiking: Go for a quick hike through the woods to see all kinds of different plants and animals while getting your steps in.
- Yoga: Bring your yoga workout outdoors to enjoy the peacefulness of nature. Look for outdoor yoga sessions held throughout your community to meet others and try different poses.
- Frisbee/Catch: Relive your childhood by tossing a Frisbee or ball around. This works a variety of muscles, keeps you moving, and practices hand-eye coordination too.
- Tennis: Plan and engage in a fun game of tennis with a friend. Share some laughs while practicing your serve and getting in your cardio chasing the ball around the court.
Always Best Care is among the most reliable firms that provide professional caregivers to take care of your loved ones and assist them in these activities. You can know more about the non-medical in-home care services we offer in East Bay by dialing (925) 210-0323.