Home Health Care in San Diego — When is it Needed?
Are you the person primarily responsible for providing care and assistance to an aging parent or loved one? You probably started by providing assistance with basic household tasks like cleaning or cooking. Maybe you noticed that your loved one was having difficulty driving, so you stepped in to offer help with transportation. Little by little, it’s likely that your responsibilities have increased over time.
But now Mom or Dad needs more help than you can provide. And with age, the need for medical assistance and quality health care access has increased considerably. What do you do?
For many San Diego families, the answer is to seek skilled home health care services from a quality provider. These services allow seniors and other patients to safely return home from a hospital or rehabilitation stay, enjoying familiar comforts while receiving the highest standard of care. Skilled Home Health services also provide rehabilitative services and compassionate nursing care to assist housebound seniors who have experienced a decrease in mobility or increase in falls.
Home Health Care in San Diego — When Is the Right Time?
The decision to employ the services of a skilled home health care provider is one that must be made with sensitivity. Individuals who require such care want to remain as independent as possible, but it’s often necessary for loved ones to do some convincing.
Here are some signs that it’s time to consider home health care solutions:
- Increased number of slips, falls and other incidents
- Multiple medication changes (or dosage changes)
- The need for daily wound care
- Recent or soon-to-be-scheduled surgery
- Anxiety or other mental-health challenges related to a medical condition
- Pain that is difficult to manage
- Special nutritional or hydration needs
- Difficult-to-manage infections
- Multiple hospital admissions or visits to the emergency room
The Next Steps When Home Health Care Is Required
If you’ve determined that someone you love can benefit from home health care services, it’s recommended that you act with a certain sense of urgency and diligence. Research San Diego home health care providers, and be prepared to ask lots of questions:
- What services are provided?
- What kind of training do caregivers receive?
- Are caregivers trained to handle special conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia?
- Are caregivers screened carefully and subjected to background checks?
- What is the procedure in the event of an emergency?
If you are unsatisfied with the answers you receive from a provider, don’t hesitate to continue your search elsewhere! The care of your loved one is important, so you want to ensure that it’s done right.
Always Best Care San Diego Can Help
Are you interested in learning more about the home health care services San Diego CA has to offer? Always Best Care is your local expert! Call us today at (619) 757-1114 to learn more.