What to Look for in a Fitness Tracker for Seniors?
Fitness trackers are becoming increasingly popular devices to help people (especially seniors) stay motivated towards their health goals. They help them keep a track of how their body is doing over time and can spot abnormal patterns, if any.
If you’re planning to buy a fitness tracker for a senior loved one, don’t pull out your credit card until you have thoroughly checked each option for these essential features:
• Ease of use: A fitness tracker should be simple and easy to access for seniors. It should not require reading a long manual to understand its functions.
• Heart rate monitoring: This feature allows to measure and control the intensity of workout, and tells when to relax.
• Distance tracking: Any fitness tracker, especially one for seniors must allow tracking the user’s distance covered during a workout. High end fitness bands offer distance tracking over longer periods of times to access the user’s fitness succession.
• Calorie tracking: Many fitness bands will track the number of calories burnt to let seniors know the precise outcome of their workouts. Some fitness bands also have calorie intake and weight trackers.
• Display size: Display size should be bigger as it provides easy navigation. The user should not struggle to read important details on the screen.
• Adjustable: Bands often have slats or another mechanism for adjusting comfortably to the wrist.
• Water resistant: A good fitness tracker is waterproof and avoids damage caused by sweat and splashes of water.
• Battery life: Some fitness trackers are more energy-efficient than others and can be used for a longer time without charging or replacing the batteries.
Gift your senior loved one a senior-friendly fitness tracker with all the above mentioned features.
For senior care services in Monterey County, contact Always Best Care. Call @ (831) 975-4072 to learn more!