Top Tips To Lose Weight For Seniors
Keeping a healthy weight is not an aspect reserved only for the younger generation. Seniors also need to watch their weight, as obesity can lead them to a variety of diseases. However, losing extra pounds gets more difficult as the years pass. And, dieting or heavy workouts are usually not an option for seniors. So, how can they shed the extra weight?
Well, here are some tips for it.
- Dieting may not be the answer, but seniors can certainly change their diet. Paying special attention to the amount of fats and calories consumed is advised.
- Older adults should eat more fruits and vegetables along with whole grains, fish, and beans.
- They should eat low fat or fat free dairy products to reduce the amount of fat and calories in their diet.
- Eating foods rich in protein and fiber is also necessary.
- Seniors should drink lots of water to stay hydrated and to lose weight.
- It is advised to avoid alcoholic beverages and soft drinks for seniors.
- Heavy workouts might not be a choice for seniors, but they can choose other low impact exercises such as strength training, daily walks etc.
- If exercise is not their cup of tea, then encourage elders to indulge in hobbies like gardening, bike riding or swimming that burn calories.
- Seniors can also try out new exercises like Yoga or Pilates, which are easy and effective.
With these tips, seniors can easily lose the extra pounds and improve their health. To help your loved one in meal management and exercise, you can hire elder care providers in Carmel Valley and nearby areas from noted firms like ABC.