Strategies for Boosting Brain Health
If you are hearing more about brain health and mind power this month more than usual,there is a reason for that—June has been dubbed as Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month, so more and more people are learning about how important it is to keep a healthy brain and boost their mind power. This is especially relevant to you if you are a senior receiving in-home care in San Mateo; be sure to speak with your Caregiver about the following strategies to see if you can implement them into your live and improve your brain health.
- Have a game night with your family every week. This is a great way to hit two birds with one stone-you will be able to spend more time with your loved ones and give your brain muscles some flexing. Game night can include anything from charades to board games; all of these will give your brain a big boost.
- Make sure to stay hydrated. Staying hydrated and drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day is crucial if you want to keep your brain healthy. This is because your brain and your body depend on the right amount of water to stay powered throughout the day.
- Try out some new exercises. If you haven’t been the gym lately, then this is something that you should change if you want to gain some more brainpower. You will never be able to keep your mind healthy without exercise. When you get that exercise routine in, you are pumping your brain full of oxygen, which helps it work efficiently.
- Take some deep breaths. During the day, you might find yourself getting sleepy or feeling a bit dizzy. This is most likely because you are not breathing as deeply as you should be. You can easily give your brain a simple boost by taking a few deep breaths.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is actually the most important way for you to keep up your mental health and stay alert throughout the day. You may depend on your morning coffee to get you through the day, but that quality sleep you get at night is going to help your brain work optimally throughout the day.