Simplify COVID-19 Testing With Qualified Caregivers In Pasadena, CA
As the Omicron variant continues to spread, COVID-19 testing is key to help us stop the spread. With that in mind, today’s post highlights how our senior caregivers improve access to COVID-19 testing in Pasadena, CA.
Read on to learn more, or call (626)-778-1441 to start a caregiver consultation straight away.
Pasadena Seniors Struggle To Find COVID-19 Tests During “Winter Surge”
With coronavirus cases rising in Pasadena due to the spread of the Omicron variant, and families trying to take proper precautions before holiday gatherings, COVID-19 tests are in high demand.
“If you’re going to be indoors, you all should be testing before you show up at that gathering,” said Barbara Ferrer, Los Angeles County Public Health Director, in a report for the Los Angeles Times (Lin II, 2021).
But while some places are now offering COVID-19 testing for free, and many immunization centers are even offering quick-and-easy drive-through options, many seniors still face significant barriers to access, including:
- Inability to drive due to disabilities
- Poor mobility
- Difficulty with booking and/or ordering at-home test kits
- COVID-19 concerns for vulnerable populations; unwillingness to leave the home
- Limited caregiver availability
If any of this sounds familiar, take heart: you’re not alone, and our qualified caregivers are standing by to help. Read on to learn how our caregivers simplify COVID-19 testing and improve access for seniors in Pasadena, CA, or call (626)-778-1441 to speak directly with a caregiver coordinator near you.
5 Ways Qualified Caregivers Simplify COVID-19 Testing In Pasadena, CA
- Help your loved ones locate a convenient testing site. Whether your loved one feels more comfortable being tested at a drive-up testing site, or they’d prefer to order at-home test kits from Pixel by LabCorp, our caregivers can help. We’ll get online with your loved one to find the best fit for their unique needs and preferences, then book the appointment and provide scheduling reminders so you don’t lose your spot.
- Assist with early detection of COVID-19 symptoms. The sooner your loved one gets tested, the greater their odds of early detection and full recovery. Because we’re involved with your loved one’s day-to-day care, and we’re well-versed in COVID-19 symptoms, we’re perfectly positioned to detect any deviation from your baseline health status, so we can help your loved one determine when a test may be needed.
- Assist with home testing. Our caregivers can assist your loved one with collecting their nasal swab sample, and we can also take care of the shipping and mailing.
- Provide COVID-safe transportation to-and-from the testing center. For the duration of your caregiver visit, you’ll have ready access to COVID-safe transportation, so you never have to risk a cab ride or inconvenience a family member.
- Purchase COVID-19 test kits for your loved one. If you suspect your loved one may be infected with COVID-19, the last thing they should do is venture into town to purchase a testing kit. Leave it up to us—we’re already helping with groceries, medication pick-ups, and other errands, so all you need to do is add it to the shopping list!
Book A Free Caregiver Consultation In Pasadena, CA
To learn more about how we improve access to COVID-19 testing, and more generally improve seniors’ comfort, safety, and quality of life, you can get in touch with our team by:
- Calling (626)-778-1441
- Emailing [email protected]
- Requesting a callback using our on-site contact form
- Visiting our caregiver coordinators at 425 N Santa Anita Ave, Suite A, Arcadia, CA, 91007
Lin II, R. (2021, December 20). COVID-19 tests are in high demand with the winter surge. Los Angeles Times.