Assisted Living Placements
Is it time for an assisted living placement in Pasadena, CA?
Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) provide personal care and safe housing for Pasadena residents age 60 and older who require some help with the five activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, transferring, toileting, and eating), but who do not require 24-hour nursing care. Other terms used to refer to this level of care include:
- Assisted living facilities (e.g. 16+ beds)
- Board and care homes (e.g. 4 to 6 beds)
- Rest homes
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs)
If you have a loved one in need of an assisted living placement, you’re not alone—in fact, according to the Department of Social Services, California currently has over 7400 licensed RCFEs, which together house more than 185,000 residents!
With so many assisted living options to choose from, you may be feeling a little overwhelmed. But don’t fret—we can help you explore your care options and find the perfect fit with a no-cost assisted living placement in Pasadena, CA.
Why book an assisted living placement in Pasadena, CA?
- Find a regulated facility—Though they are considered non-medical facilities, and are not required to have nurses, certified nursing assistants, or doctors on staff, RCFEs must meet care and safety standards set by the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing (CCL). However, senior housing complexes, retirement villages, or retirement hotels that provide only housing, housekeeping and meals are not required to be licensed.If you want to look exclusively at regulated RCFEs, all you have to do is ask, and we’ll create a shortlist of licensed facilities that fit your loved one’s unique care criteria, budget, and preferences.
- Find a facility with liability insurance—As per the California Health and Safety Code, Section 1569.605, all RCFEs are required to maintain liability insurance to cover any potential injuries to residents or guests caused by the negligence of the facility owner or employees. But unlicensed senior housing complexes, retirement villages, or retirement hotels are not. Our assisted living placement team will help you spot the difference.
- Find specialized care for your loved one. Some facilities offer special services to persons with dementia or medical care needs, but some medical conditions (e.g. tube feeding) are never offered in a RCFE (California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Section 87615). Whatever your loved one’s care needs, we can help you find the perfect assisted living placement.
Book a no-cost assisted living placement in Pasadena, CA
Since 1996, Always Best Care has provided no-cost assisted living placements to help seniors live carefree. Now we’re bringing the same valuable service to families in Pasadena, CA.
Our process is as follows:
- First, we discuss your loved one’s personal care needs, living preferences, and budget
- We create a shortlist of high-quality RCFEs based on your loved one’s care profile
- A team member joins the family for a guided tour of select facilities
- If the RCFE isn’t right for you or your loved one, we move down the list, or start over to generate new referrals based on your feedback
- There is never any obligation to commit to one of our referrals
To learn more about our assisted living placement service, call (626)-778-1441 or fill out the short contact form on the Always Best Care website.