What are the Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes?
In the United States, one in four seniors suffers from diabetes. However, many of them are undiagnosed and unaware of their condition. Type 2 diabetes is a common type of this disease, but unfortunately, it’s often dismissed at first as symptoms develop slowly. Moreover, many seniors don’t even know the warning signs.
Here are the symptoms of type 2 diabetes that seniors should know about. This knowledge will help get early diagnosis and proper treatment on time.
• Lack of energy
• Weight gain or weight loss
• Excessive hunger and thirst
• Frequent urination
• Unexplainable fatigue
• Dry mouth
• Sores or cuts that won’t heal
• Dry and itchy skin
• Gum or oral infections
• Blurry vision
Seniors experiencing these symptoms should get proper diagnosis. And, if they are suffering from diabetes, then the physician can suggest further treatment. It’s essential to control this disease before it gets out of control.
Following are some ways to manage it.
• Seniors should start with losing the excess weight, which can make a great difference in their health. However, it doesn’t mean following extreme weight loss diets. Opt for a healthy way to lose weight.
• Diabetic people should increase the amount of physical activity in their daily routine. Regular walks and exercises are good for their health.
• Seniors should keep a check on the blood sugar levels and other health problems (high blood pressure or cholesterol levels) too.
If needed, seniors can hire professionals for regular care and daily living assistance when battling diabetes. Contact a renowned firm like ABC to get reliable caregivers or home care services in Birmingham.