The Best Apps for Seniors
Using a variety of apps for smartphones or tablets can make life easier and more interesting. But with thousands of apps on the market, with more coming out every day, choosing the best ones that specifically address the needs of seniors can be difficult.
Here are some of the best apps for older adults.
1. Blood Pressure Companion: Heart problems are a major cause of death in the United States, according to the Center for Disease Control. This blood pressure app allows you to record your blood pressure and heart rate. These measurements are contained in charts that can be shown to their doctor.
2. Pill Identifier and Drug List: This App helps identify pills by color and shape.Seniors will also be able to find information about the side effects of a medication and even set reminders to tell them when it’s time to their pills.
3. Fabulous: Motivate Me:This app is almost like a one-stop shop for seniors. It’s very successful and for good reason. It motivates users to adopt better eating habits and meet fitness goals. It also helps increase energy levels with their recommendations, such as meditating and reminding you to get a better night sleep by going to bed at a standard time.
4. Moves: This activity diary app tracks daily walking, jogging and even bicycling. Plus, it’s always on unless you turn it off, keeping track of your steps throughout the day.
5. Word Brain: This awesome app helps exercise your mind and boost brain power. The puzzles start out easy and get harder as the level increases. This is one of the best puzzle apps for older adults.
The world we live in is constantly changing and one of the most important things is that our older adults also adapt to these changes. Technology can make their lives simpler and, as a result, they can enjoy more time with family and friends.
If you don’t have enough time to spend with your senior loved one to teach them how they can use technology to improve their life, contact Always Best Care. We have well-trained and compassionate home care providers in Birmingham to assist seniors with all their daily living needs. To find out more about us, call (205) 874-9730.