Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver Services
Always Best Care of Greenville/Spartanburg is proud to be certified as a South Carolina provider of Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver Services (HCBS).
These state waivers are designed to be alternatives to institutional care. To qualify you must be Medicaid eligible, which includes resource, income and categorical restrictions, and be determined to be medically in need. To receive waiver services a state Case Manager will work with the participant and family/caretakers to develop a plan of care and choose services that will best meet their needs. These services are provided by enrolled Medicaid providers and consumers have freedom of choice in the selection of providers.
COMMUNITY LONG TERM CARE (CLTC) PERSONAL CARE I & II (PCI & PCII) SERVICES:
- PCI services include meal planning and preparation, cleaning, laundry, shopping, home safety, errands, escort services
- PCII services also include support for activities of daily living, e.g. eating, bathing (bed bath, bench shower, sink bath), personal grooming including dressing, personal hygiene, provide necessary skin care, meal planning and preparation, assisting participants in and out of bed, repositioning participants as necessary, assisting with ambulation, toileting and maintaining continence, monitoring participant’s condition and medication.
- Referrals are made to CLTC Centralized Intake
- Phone: (855) 278-1637 or Fax: (803) 255-8340
- Electronic Referral: https://phoenix.cltc.state.sc.us/initial_electronic_referrals/new
HEAD & SPINAL CORD INJURY (HASCI) WAIVER ATTENDANT CARE & RESPITE SERVICES
- Attendant Care/Personal Assistance includes direct assistance with personal care and activities of daily living and/or supervision to assure health and safety
- Respite Care Services includes short-term care and/or supervision in the absence of people normally providing care/ supervision
- If you have severe impairments as a result of traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injury (SCI), or similar disability (SD), you or a family member should contact the
HASCI Division by phone (866) 867-3864 for information & referrals MEDICALLY COMPLEX CHILDREN’S (MCC) WAIVER SERVICES
- Respite Care is provided on a short-term basis for Medicaid eligible children with a serious illness or condition that is expected to last at least 12 months due to the absence of or need for relief of those persons who normally provide care for the child
Remember to request Always Best Care for these Medicaid Home and Community Based Services. All caregivers pass strict criminal background checks and drug screens, and are fully insured and bonded.