Today’s seniors have more options available to them when it comes to choosing in home care. A large part of selecting the right fit is knowing which questions to ask throughout the shortlisting process.
Quizzing In-home Care Givers
There are a number of basic questions care givers should be able to answer during your initial consultation. These include:
- How long has your company been operating?
- Are your care givers insured and bonded?
- Do you conduct in depth criminal and background checks?
- How are your employees selected?
- What are your services and fees?
- Do you have a replacement policy or guarantee?
- Are your rates negotiable?
- Can you provide references?
Shortlisting In-home Care Givers
It’s essential that you meet shortlisted agencies’ principle members or representatives and view their facilities. Or, if it’s in home care you specifically need, have them visit your residence at your convenience.